Often when a woman decides to have breast implants, one of her main concerns is whether she should get round or teardrop shaped breast implants.
With choosing the shape of your implants, bear in mind these points:
• Your existing shape may be better enhanced by one implant shape than another.
• An ideal shape is usually natural looking, with more filling at the bottom of the breast, and no visible bulge at the top
• Your desired result will affect the kind implant shape you choose
Traditionally, round implants have been the most common type used. This is mainly because in the past, patients experienced problems with teardrop implants rotating inside the pocket. This was resulting in uneven shapes that did not resemble the desired outcome.
When viewed from the side, teardrop implants have less filling in the top part, which tends to create a more natural look, with less of a bulge.
The other advantage of teardrop implants is that we can select the width independently from the height, which means that they can be closely matched to your existing dimensions.
Round implants have the same width and height, but not all women have the same breast shape. So using round implants is more limiting in terms of closely matching the woman’s requirements. With round implants, depending on your existing shape, you are more likely to see a bulge at the top of the breast.
*Please note, all after photos are three months post surgery. Outcomes shown are only relevant for this patient and do not guarantee similar results for other patients and will vary according to genetics, diet and exercise.
The shape chosen for your breast implant is an important factor in the outcome of Breast Augmentation. It is important that you choose the type of breast implant that will best suit your proportions. Both implant shapes have their pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of Round Breast Implants:
• May be better for larger-breasted women.
• Round implants may allow for better-proportioned results.
• They are the most common type of implants women choose for a breast augmentation procedure.
• This type of implant helps to achieve more fullness in the top part of the breast.
• Less subtle results
• May not be right for your body shape and existing breast tissue.
• Those looking for the most subtle implant may opt for a teardrop shape, which provides the most natural-looking results of all breast implant options.
• Can be a better-suited choice for smaller-breasted women.
• Teardrop implants tend to appeal more to those looking for more subtle results.
If you have a smaller build and not much breast tissue for your doctor to use, then tear drop implants might be the best option for you.
• A Teardrop implant may offer greater projection - useful for women who need more if a lifting effect.
• Teardrop implants need to have a textured covering to grip in the tissues and prevent rotation or flipping. Texturing has a small risk of developing a condition called ALCL, which requires a re-operation.
• Occasionally they can rotate inside the pocket and this may require revision surgery.
Your expert doctor at The Doctors’ Studio will recommend which type of implant is best for you during your consultation. Our years of experience in the field of breast cosmetic surgery allow you to rely on The Doctors’ Studio to help you make the right decision.