Making the decision to have cosmetic surgery is a serious one, and patients considering a procedure should also keep in mind that they need time to recover, they will need support, and possibly time off work. They may also need other therapies such as massage and compression garments.
During your consultation we will discuss the range of options available to you and recommend treatments that have the best chance of achieving your desired goals. Part of this conversation will cover, in more detail, the types of complications and risks that apply to your specific circumstances. In general, the risks and complications of surgery are:
• disappointing aesthetic outcome
• significant asymmetry (a large difference between sides)
• change in skin sensation (eg. numbness)
• allergic reaction
• anaesthetic complications
• prolonged recover and wound healing
• collections of fluid
All of these may result in the need for further treatment or surgery.